Austin Doula Services
We believe that childbirth is a natural process that need not be met with fear. Instead, we strive to instill confidence in your body’s ability to give birth. We see the value in constant labor support and understand that your mental and emotional state will have an effect on your labor. We recognize that our role is to provide physical and emotional support, throughout your labor and birth. Our goal is to be an asset to you, your partner and/or family members, and your medical team. Once you are home with your baby, we can help you transition to life as a new parent and make sure that you and your baby receive the rest and care you need. We know that you are strong, we support your decisions for your birth, we will stay by your side. We are there to serve you – at your birth and beyond.
Learn more about the science behind doulas at We The Parents.
Birth Doula Support
Your baby’s birth day will be one of the most memorable experiences of your life. Most likely, you have carefully considered the people you want by your side during this special time. Whether it will be an intimate setting with just you and your partner or a gathering of family members, a birth doula may be a welcome addition to your birth team. A doula, which means a woman who serves, provides professional labor support for you and your partner. Whether through pain-management techniques, relaxation methods, massage, or simply holding your hand, the doula’s goal is to provide you with the continuous support you need to have a positive birth experience. (please fill out the Birth Client Intake Form below)
We are just a phone call away from supporting you during your birth, give us a ring, we'll be happy to set up a meeting! (512) 773-2375
Our doulas are background-checked, certified, and insured.
Our fee for services are:
$1,350 for standard package
$1,550 for ***Deluxe package.
*We accept all payment types including cash, checks and credit cards as well as HSA and FSA cards.
*Mileage fees of apply to areas further than 20 miles outside of Austin, including these areas: Bee Caves, Bastrop, Dripping Springs, Elgin, Georgetown, Hutto, Jonestown, Kyle, Lago Vista, Leander, Lakeway, Lockhart, Marble Falls, San Marcos, Spicewood.
A deposit of $675 or $775 (dependant on package chosen) is due when the contract is signed. You will be invoiced once the contract is received. The remaining balance is due two weeks before your due date. Fees must be paid as outlined unless other arrangements are agreed upon. The deposit is non-refundable. Standard package includes:
- Phone or in-person consultation.
- One prenatal visit at your home or mutual meeting place to further discuss birth preferences, comfort measures and coping techniques. Risks/benefits of choices and procedures. Birth plan builder included!
- Continuous email and phone support as well as labor tips and support.
- On call Doula support 24 hours a day beginning 3 weeks before due date
- The rental of a TENS for labor is included with your birth package.
- Continuous labor support once labor is established in your home when your are ready
- Remain with you throughout your labor and birth
- Make sure you are settled and snuggled in with your baby after your baby is born. Usually for the minimum of one hour.
- A 1 hour postnatal visit to discuss and process your birth. Answer any questions and provide basic breastfeeding support, scheduled at your convenience within 3 weeks of your birth.
- Refer to various support professionals (breastfeeding consultants, message therapists, accupuncturists, pre-natal chiropractors and more) if needed.
****Deluxe package includes all the above plus a 7 hour childbirth class, a 3 hour Infant Care Class and a 4 hour Postpartum session to include helping you with your newborn, or giving you time to catch up on some sleep!
Once you've decided to hire our services,
there's a couple of more steps...
It's any easy process, just fill out the client intake
form below and you'll be sent the client contract to E-sign.
***New Clients must complete the Intake Form Below
Dad's, you are very important to us, please take a minute to complete the "Dad's need a doula too" form. This will help us to know your thoughts and needs too! Just check the box below the "Husband/Partner Email" box in the form below.
New Client Intake and Forms
All clients must fill out the Client Intake Forms. We look forward to serving you! Once you submit the client intake, check your email for Client Contract and Release of liability forms. Please sign and return them to Austin Childbirth.