Due to the Coronavirus, all classes will be Webinar-Based until further notice! Thank you for your patience and understanding.
BOOK YOUR CLASS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE
Childbirth Classes will be on a Saturday from 9:00 AM-2:00 PM.
The class will be presented live, including a PowerPoint presentation, as well as video content, live demonstrations, and various PDF documents dropped to you during the course. Childbirth class curriculum as follows:
- Packing (and list)
- Anatomy and Physiology
- What happens as your body prepares for labor and birth
- signs your body is preparing
- Stages of labor
- Phases of labor
- Comfort Measures
- Pushing and birth
- Immediate recovery
- Medical Interventions and pain management
- Cesarean Birth
- Covid-19 and how it affects your labor and birth
- Links to virtual tours
Newborn care class weekday from 6:30 PM-9:00 PM.
The class will be presented live, including a PowerPoint presentation, as well as video content, live demonstrations, and various PDF documents dropped to you during the course.
Newborn Care Class Curriculum as follows:
- Normal newborn appearances
- How to chose your pediatrician
- The golden hour
- What to expect during the first two hours
- Hospital stay
- Daily newborn care
- Umbilical cord
- Purple Crying
- The 5 S's
- Safe sleeping
- Out and about with a newborn
- Q & A's
Partner Prep Class - Tuesday class from 630-830 PM
Partner Prep is the perfect add-on to the Inclusive Childbirth Class. Learn how to guide your partner through labor and birth. Let a certified Doula share her tips and tricks with you. We'll share ideas and tools that she uses as a doula. One of the best parts of this class is it includes a virtual panic button for you while your partner is in labor! You can "CALL THE DOULA" with a question! You'll have access to our Doula's personal phone number.
- Geared toward partners!
- Especially helpful when some hospitals only allow one support person during Covid-19
- Early labor at home, how to keep her relaxed and calm
- When to go to the hospital and ways to make the ride easier for mom
- Getting settled in at the hospital
- Learn about normal hospital environments and what to expect
- Tips and tricks to help mom through labor
- Navigate through the labor and birth process through the eyes of a Doula
- ACCESS ONE OF OUR DOULA'S DURING LABOR IF YOU NEED SOME SUPPORT OR HAVE A QUESTION!
New Mom Support Group - (FREE)
It’s very common for new parents to be anxious about their new role. Let us help you adjust to life with your new baby! Come join our FREE twice-monthly support group. The group Is led by two experienced postpartum Doulas and a Lactation Consultant. We’re here to answer your questions. Whether it’s about your new baby, breastfeeding, or the baby blues, we’ve got you covered! Or perhaps you just want a little company or maybe share your experience and exchange advice and tips with other new moms.
We can’t wait to see you soon!
COME AS OFTEN AS YOU LIKE! EVERY 1ST AND 3RD THURSDAY OF THE MONTH AT 2:00PM.
Here is the link to join:
Contact Jillian Silva or with any questions and or comments. 512-773-2375